DESIGN MANAGER - PACK YOUR BAGS, YOUR DREAM ROLE AWAITS
A fantastic opportunity exists for a Design Manager to join this fast growing brand.
If you are creative, highly motivated, results orientated and possess the ability to oversee the creation of original concepts that encompasses the brand then look no further, your life begins here!
You will be heading up a small design team, ensuring everything is prepared within designated calendar dates. We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of personal style, exceptional design skills
and a genuine motivated passion.
Excited?! You should be! This is a fantastic opportunity.
Salary is depended on skill set.
Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application.
Job Code: 5127
- Support the Head of product to identify and develop seasonal collections and trends
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across departments including Development & Buying management teams to create & build each range
- Manage the process of creating a balanced range, designing and developing key seasonal shapes, trends and items for each collection
- Management of Design calendar deadlines and understanding of seasonal calendar
- Give clear direction at technical handover to enable development team to interpret design aesthetic with accuracy
- Maintain the aesthetic at all times whilst moving the brand forward with fresh inspiring ideas
- Constant monitoring of sales reports – for style, colour and fabrication, whilst reviewing best/ worst sellers reports
- Attend fittings and collaborate with other designers in the team, technical team and patternmakers for adherence to quality and brand standards
- Dynamically contribute to forecasting, seasonally & monthly whilst having awareness of margin and profitability of all merchandise
- International travel to factories and for inspiration trips as required
- Set expectations and standards by building culture for the design team to improve attitude,
- behaviour, teamwork and professional development and lead accordingly
- A minimum of 5 years within a senior design role
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction, including fit and finishes
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate and build relationships at all levels
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of yarns, fabrics and trims
- Advanced skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Excellent technical drawing ability
- Strong management skills and the ability to inspire a team of 5 direct reports