SENIOR PATTERNMAKER – ICONIC INTERNATIONAL BRAND! $90K BASE
CALLING ALL SWIM AND LINGERIE PATTERN MAKERS. My client is an iconic Swim and Beachwear brand founded on heritage, quality and style.
This brand continues to go from strength to strength with their products sold in over 2,700 doors across 41 countries through its own channels, leading retailers and major online sites!
We are now seeking an additional superstar to join their amazing team, offering a close knit, supportive environment with a fantastic salary to match!
This role will see you creating patterns and overseeing the product development process to ensure garments meet design requirements, quality standards and costs.
To secure this dream job, you will have experience within swim or lingerie and have strong knowledge of grading. You will provide accuracy in the specifications of the garment and related technical specification packs and ensure that relevant critical path deadlines are met.
If you are a highly motivated, organised individual with superior technical skills then look no further, this is the one you have been waiting for.
Excited?! You should be! This is a fantastic opportunity.
Salary is depended on skill set.
Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application.
Job Code: 5102
- Work closely with the design team to create initial patterns for each collection
- Ensure the design sheet is maintained with regular updated information based on design brief and pattern
- Provide accurate yield estimates for each pattern by creating mini markers for each style
- Provide all patternmaking information for tech pack, including final update to design sheet, make sheets notes and size specification
- Attend all production fits, recording any changes or comments back to factory through to PPS approval stage
- At PPS approval stage ensure any changes to Teck Pack including design sheet, make sheets and specification chart are all accurately updated and issued back to the factory by due date
- Ensure that key dates set on the critical path for initial Teck Pack handover and fit approval comments are adhered to throughout the production fit approval process to ensure the factory can commence bulk production by the due date
- Provide ongoing support to the production team as and when queries arise relating to pattern/ fit/ construction or quality issues
- Work closely with the Design Coordinator to ensure all key dates are adhered to through the range SMS process
- Ensure approved SMS samples are all measured prior to range handover meetings with Production
- Ensure all key dates set on the production CP for Teck pack handover, fit approval and PPS approval are being met
- Must hold a degree or equivalent qualifications in Fashion Design specializing in patternmaking and garment construction
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of garment patternmaking and construction
- Must be able to work from design drawings with the ability to understand the Brand aesthetic and handwriting
- Must have the ability to determine good design balance and proportion in line with Brand market position, price architecture and commerciality
- Must be able to create accurate yield estimates
- High attention to detail
- Must work well within a team with a flexible approach to workload peaks to support the team meeting key deadlines
- Extremely well organized and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Experience using Gerber, Adobe Illustrator
- Experience using AP21 highly regarded