SENIOR DESIGNER – PREMIUM WOMENSWEAR FASHION BRAND
An unbelievable opportunity to work with an AMAZING brand now exists! This gorgeous label is stocked globally and continuing to expand into new markets every season, this is a role you DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON.
This role will see you work closely with the Creative Director/Founder and the Development advisor, you will be responsible for reviewing trends, developing reports and bringing inspiration to assist with developing the 4 collections per year for both the northern and southern hemisphere.
Excited?! You should be! This is a fantastic opportunity.
Salary is depended on skill set.
Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application.
Job Code: 5100
- Following the company and founders’ creative direction & range plans to ensure all ranges meet specific outcomes for the brand and reflect the label aesthetic
- Develop trend reports for seasonal styles and collections
- Source fabrics from fabric agents and international trade fairs
- Create colour and mood boards along with fabric and trim selection
- Develop and send all prints artwork to factory for SMS and approve artwork
- Design and develop according to target prices alongside the company founders, Creative Directors and Development Adviser
- Work closely with the Development Adviser and direct and guide them in helping with the design and development process
- Manage all sampling specifications sheets, develop & handover to factory and follow through all communication to completion of SMS ranges
- Organise and select fabrics from suppliers, and place bulk orders for SMS
- Lead the process of fittings of proto samples with extensive handover to Production Manager and Garment Technicians after SMS completion stage and maintain involvement in bulk amendment approvals to ensure they meet the design outcomes
- Liaise with suppliers to develop new and maintain existing relationships to ensure best company outcomes
- Responsible for meeting deadlines and reaching company goals
- 5+ years design experience working for a likeminded brand in womens’ wear
- Demonstrated experience in womenswear, preferably with a label that is both creative/commercial
- A collaborative attitude and ability to be flexible with ideas and direction based on input from the Creative Directors
- Excellent organization and time management skills – demonstrated ability to work with competing priorities, multi-task and work to deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Clear and compassionate management skills – able to lead and motivate a small design team in a timely and effective manner
- Thorough understanding of the current trends, both domestically and overseas
- Advanced Adobe Illustrator skills