GARMENT TECHNICIAN – INTERNATIONAL FAST FASHION
This powerhouse ticks all the right boxes when it comes to fashion forward style. Best known for their feminine yet fierce designs. This brand is sold both nationally and internationally in department stores as well as many key online retailers and boutiques.
This role requires an experienced Garment Tech who is Bi-lingual Chinese speaking. If you are a highly motivated, organised individual with great technical skills and experience working across multiple categories we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Production Manager/ Director you will liaise with the production and development team with relation to fits and quality, ensuring the perfect fit of each garment and the highest quality in terms of construction, detailing and workmanship.
You will provide accuracy in the specifications of the garment and related technical specification packs and ensure that relevant critical path deadlines are met.
If you are looking for career progression, then look no further. My client is a fast-growing company that loves to promote within. You will also receive a clothing allowance, have an opportunity to travel and have plenty of social events, just to name a few!
Excited?! You should be! This is a fantastic opportunity.
Salary is depended on skill set.
Apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application.
Job Code: 5093
- Work with garments across multiple product areas, ensuring the highest quality standards are achieved throughout production
- Manage the fit meetings, sealing process and on time delivery of all pre-production samples
- Manage and approve grading for all product categories, maintaining consistent sizing & fits across seasons and suppliers
- Liaise with offshore suppliers, providing clear and concise comments
- Provide suggestions of the best method to construct or adjust garments and resolve any potential style and fit issues
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure effective workflow according to the critical path
- Ensure style is compliant in all aspects of quality
- Ensure all bulk fabrics and trims are approved according to schedule and all necessary fabric tests are completed
- Complete a risk assessment, identify any potential production and quality issues and offer resolutions before proceeding to bulk production. Communicate any necessary changes to relevant internal departments as required
- Range review with team regularly to discuss fit issues that arise within a collection in order to improve future ranges
- Final QC approval prior to shipping
- Fluent in Chinese Mandarin
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding garment construction and technical experience across multi product areas
- Solid knowledge of garment specification, technical fit with grading experience
- Strong communication skills with both offshore suppliers and internal departments
- Excellent understanding of critical path and timelines, with amazing time management skills
- Organised with impeccable attention to detail, with an ability to anticipate problems and provide suitable solutions