PATTERNMAKER – INTERNATIONAL HIGH-END LABEL
With an aesthetic that reflects today’s edgy yet classic girl, this global fashion house now requires an additional superstar to join their team.
Ideally you will hold experience within high end womenswear and have knowledge of grading. You will provide accuracy in the specifications of the garment and related technical specification packs and ensure that relevant critical path deadlines are met. Open to manual and/or digital patternmaking experience.
This role requires a highly motivated, organised individual with superior technical skills and strong experience of working across multiple categories. You will liaise with the production and development team with relation to fits and quality, ensuring the perfect fit of each garment and the highest quality in terms of construction, detailing and workmanship.
Excited?! You should be! This is a fantastic opportunity.
Salary is depended on skill set.
Apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com
Please note only those applicants who fit the brief will be contacted in relation to their application.
Job Code: 5083
- Work closely with the design team to create initial patterns for each collection
- Ensure the design sheet is maintained with regular updated information based on design brief and pattern
- Provide accurate yield estimates for each pattern by creating mini markers for each style
- Attend fit session ensuring all changes that are required are accurately recorded and executed until the style is approved for range SMS
- Provide all patternmaking information for tech pack, including final update to design sheet, make sheets notes and size specification
- Attend all production fits, recording any changes or comments back to factory through to PPS approval stage
- At PPS approval stage ensure any changes to Teck Pack including design sheet, make sheets and specification chart are all accurately updated and issued back to the factory by due date
- Ensure at all times that key dates set on the critical path for initial Teck Pack handover and fit approval comments are adhered to throughout the production fit approval process to ensure the factory can commence bulk production by the due date
- Provide ongoing support to the production team as and when queries arise relating to pattern/ fit/ construction or quality issues
- Work closely with the Design Coordinator to ensure all key dates are adhered to through the range SMS process
- Ensure approved SMS samples are all measured prior to range handover meetings with Production
- Ensure all key dates set on the production CP for Teck pack handover, fit approval and PPS approval are being met
- Must hold a degree or equivalent qualifications in Fashion Design specializing in patternmaking and garment construction
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of garment patternmaking and construction
- Must be able to work from design drawings with the ability to understand the Brand aesthetic and handwriting
- Must have the ability to determine good design balance and proportion in line with Brand market position, price architecture and commerciality
- Must be able to create accurate yield estimates
- High attention to detail
- Must work well within a team with a flexible approach to workload peaks to support the team meeting key deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Extremely well organized and efficient with excellent time management skills